Evalina Rose and her little sister Posy Anna are the main characters of a series of children's stories that I am writing. In this blog I will share the final stages of crafting their half scale house--Honeysuckle Cottage--and the miniature stuff that will make up the settings of their stories.

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Grand Parents are Finished

Good morning,
     I added a Miniature knitting page for those of you interested in knitting.  Right now it just has a few links, but I plan on adding critiques of shops and fibers.  I would love for other knitters to add information to it :like links, tips and links to their own blogs.
     I got back in touch with IGMA this week and payed my dues, so I am now officially an Artisan again, I received this status in 2001 for needlework.
Here is what I did this week:
I finished the grand parents for a sea-side cottage that Annabelle and I will make this summer.
We have not named them yet, but they will  have two granddaughters who will be visting.


 the grandfather is re-sculpted from a mold.  His clothes were knit on .000,000 needles .  The color work on his sweater is Guttermann's 100/3 silk and the rest of the fibers are from my stash and are not commercially available 

The grandmother is also a re-sculpture from a Doreen Sinnett mold.  Her sweater is done on .000,000 needles with Guttermann's and a cotton thread.

I  do not sell dolls that I have re-worked from other peoples molds.   I have sold dolls made from other peoples molds with full credit to the artist.

Have a wonderful week,
Lucy
PS,
      I promised a mini hat tutorial, and that will show up on my tutorial- page.  It is really easy, but it adds a finishing touch to my tiny dolls.

8 comments:

  1. Your clothing items are lovely... what talent! Such itty bitty needs... Not a knitter here, but enjoy watching and seeing what you create. Have a lovely week.
    xoso Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your clothes are fabulous! I don't know how to do knitting.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe the work in those sweaters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prachtig je breiwerk,heel mooi.
    groetjes doortje

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, very nice dolls and gorgious knitwork.
    Hugs
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your knitting is lovely! Grandma's cardigan suits her to perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucy, The Grandparents are perfect. I love the clothing that you have made for them and the dolls themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Te han quedado fantásticos y sus ropas perectas, felicidades:)

    ReplyDelete