Evalina Rose and her little sister Posy Anna are the main characters of a series of children's stories that I am writing. In this blog I will share the final stages of crafting their half scale house--Honeysuckle Cottage--and the miniature stuff that will make up the settings of their stories.

Friday, December 7, 2012

Shameless Self Promotion


Actually, self promotion fills me with shame...but it has got to be done.  I started my blog to promote Evalina and other characters for some children's stories that I plan to write.  Evalina will be the main character.  She and  her little sister Posy Anna live in Honeysuckle cottage.  Humble and Pie are their best friends.  For those of you who are unfamiliar with scale miniatures, Honeysuckle cottage is considered a half scale miniature(one half inch equals a foot.  I am making all of the characters and the setting from scratch.
     I am about to send out a Christmas card to some publishers, with hope that they will visit my blog...wish me luck.

I am also getting back, after a long respite, to making and selling my miniatures.  I am preparing to go to the IGMA show in August.  I have opened an Etsy shop, and am slowly putting some of my pieces into it.  At the same time, I have started a Pinterst site.  Please follow, admire and pin me when ever you can...I need the attention.  I am not comfortable with attention, but I need to try harder to get my images out.



I continue to work on Hugo.  He is getting a little teddy bear  who still needs ears and arms

I am putting a Holiday challenge onto my needlework blog
http://mini-needle.blogspot.com/


I have had this clipping for about 20 years....finally, I am knitting him in miniature. I will finish him by Christmas.

My challenge is for the rest of you to make a Christmas item.  I have changed my mind, it does not have to be needle work, any hand made item will be included.  Please send me a picture, and I will  post it.

lucy_coles@netzero.net

Hugs, and Happy Holidays,
Lucy

7 comments:

  1. Not shameless at all Lucy... Your work is just beautiful.. Wishing you the best with your Childrens stories and the publishers.. How very exciting!

    I would love to join your challenge but my wrist is not quite up to it.
    Enjoy your evening,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niets mis mee om jezelf te promoten...daar hoef je je echt niet voor te schamen. Je prachtige creaties verdienen alle aandacht. Ik hoop dat je veel reacties gaat krijgen van de uitgevers.

    Groeten van Xandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see that we are the same kind of person. First we have the same aim (until now I haven't done anything concerning publishing) and second I am not very good at promoting myself, it feels always awkward to do it but you have to. So don't feel ashamed to do it and I wish you to succeed. Good luck!
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest sweet Lucy, i totally understand your feeling when it comes to promotion oneself. :) It's a really normal feeling but don't be shame by it ~ try to let go of that fear of self promotion and things will eventually come together for you. It's takes some time to practice and letting go of that fear of self promotion. Congratz on your first step of putting yourself out there!! Best of luck!

    Your creations are just so precious and beautiful! Also congratz on your lovely etsy shop! It's beautiful! Have a lovely merry happy monday and love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tu trabajo es fantastico y aunque te de verguenza tienes que promocionarte....animo y intentalo.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh please, don't be ashamed Lucy, that's not neccessary. Your work is so fantastic!! I can imagine that it is not easy to promote your self. I don't like it too, but now you have to do this! I wish you all the luck of the world!
    Warm hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just finding your old blog on Pinterest. I imagine you’ve either passed on or just enjoying life. I find your tiny world you created so fascinating. It brings a beauty much needed in the big world and it condenses life to be much smaller, much more manageable. Thank you for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete